Programa Pro Niños Incapacitados del Lago A.C.

product
product
product
product

Programa Pro Niños Incapacitados supports about 130 children who live in and around Ajijic, Chapala, and Jocotepec

Programa Pro Niños Incapacitados del Lago A.C. (hereinafter Niños Incapacitados) is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization, that provides medical financial support to Mexican families in the Lake Chapala area of Jalisco who have children with serious disabilities or life-threatening illnesses.

Beginning in 1974 as an effort to help one family, the organization now supports about 130 children who live in and around the lakeside communities of Ajijic, Chapala, and Jocotepec.

Niños Incapacitados was the very first project outside of San Miguel sponsored by Amistad Canada and was chosen because of the organization's sterling community reputation. The project significantly advanced Amistad’s work and mission to build civil society relationships between Canada and Mexico.

In 2020, Niños Incapacitados distributed $2,897,000 pesos to children's families. Approximately 61% of donations are received through Amistad Canada.

Niños Incapacitados operates clinics where volunteers work to reimburse costs directly related to medical, diagnostic, and treatment needs. Amounts can range from just a few pesos for bus fare to a much-needed medical appointment, to thousands of pesos for specialized medical treatment or pharmaceuticals.

95% of funds raised are spent on direct provision of medical client services. The remaining 5% is used for administration, particularly rigorous financial controls, to ensure the funds are distributed according to the organization's charter.