Un Nuevo Amanecer en pro del discapacitado A.C.
Un Nuevo Amanecer operates a school and offers support services for children with developmental problems.
Un Nuevo Amanecer (A New Dawn) is a Mexican non-profit civil association that operates a school and offers support services for children with developmental problems and other disabilities in La Crucecita, Bahias de Huatulco, Oaxaca.
Through programs in Santa Maria Huatulco, La Crucecita, Copalita, and the surrounding communities UNA strives to:
- Provide early stimulation and intervention for children with development problems and handicaps
- Integrate disabled children within their families and their community
- Provide information and education for parents and people who are close to the child to achieve advances in the living conditions and the development of the child
- Prevent, when possible, the incidence and re-occurrence of childhood disabilities
- Educate the families and communities of disabled children to provide a better supportive structure for the maximum development of the child
The Amistad Canada Special Education Support Project will contribute to the purchase of school supplies and specialized education equipment and to the salaries of three therapists/teachers.